Make an entry in your course blog called "Mini-Portfolio" and post images and movies showing some examples of your work in animation or illustration (if any). You will not be graded on the quality of the work; some of you have extensive portfolios while others are just starting (or have no experience at all). You should upload at least two images and at least one video clip; it doesn't have to be your own work but if it's not then be sure to say where you obtained the materials (i.e., cite your sources).
Finally, tell me a little bit about yourself, such as your major, what courses you've taken in art and in science, what you're taking now, what you're interested in doing when you finish school, etc. You don't have to go into great detail but write at least one full paragraph describing yourself.
The purpose of this assignment is two-fold: First, it gives you some practice editing your blog, in particular uploading images and movies. Second, it gives me (and your classmates) a chance to get to know you. In tailoring the course to best meet everyone's needs and expectations it will be helpful for me to know more about you.
Here are examples from previous semesters:
One more thing: Before you submit the link to your "Mini-Portfolio" posting please e-mail it to a friend and ask them if everything looks OK. Sometimes videos won't play correctly depending on the settings used so it's good to get in the habit of making a final, independent check.
* Create a posting entitled "Mini-Portfolio" on your personal blog for this course.
* Upload at least two images, preferably but not necessarily your own work.
* Upload at least one video clip, preferably but not necessarily your own work.
* Include a paragraph describing yourself, especially your academic work.
* Send the URL address of your blog post to a friend to have them check that it looks OK.
* Submit the URL address of your "Mini-Portfolio" blog post.
30 points (if late, 15 points)
Have a question? Go here.