Skip To Content
FA16: PHYS-123 Sec 01 and 02 - Physics Animation
Nov 17, 2016 at 8:59am
until Nov 17, 2016 at 8:59am
Watch the following video lecture segment:
PDF of Slides
• Moving electrical charges experience a force from a magnetic field, called the Lorenz force.
• A changing magnetic field induces a voltage creating an current in a circuit, an extreme example is an EMP (ElectroMagnetic Pulse).
• An induced current produces its own secondary magnetic field (Self-induction).
• The magnetic field resulting from an induced current is always opposite from the magnetic field that induced it (Lenz’s Law).
• Oscillating electric and magnetic fields produce electromagnetic waves (e.g., light).
Have a question? Go
Only registered, enrolled users can take graded quizzes